House of Cats Ernesto – Privacy Notice
- This privacy notice governs the processing of any personal information collected by us through our website at www.ernestosanctuary.org(‘Site’), and in our other dealings with you, our donors. Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a smooth and efficient experience while using our services.
- House of Cats Ernesto is a committee registered in Italy with codice fiscale number 93060210197 (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’).
- We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your information will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
- We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where you have given your consent.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will use the following methods to get your consent:
- Giving us your permission verbally, such as by telephone;
- Ticking a box, clicking an icon on our Site;
- Sending an email, submitting a form, or subscribing to a service.
When we seek your consent to using your personal information, we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than as described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other purpose.
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Your name, contact details (address, email address and telephone number);
- Payment details used to make donations;
- Payment details used to buy our goods;
- Information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, text shots, online feedback including blogs, adding comments and discussion forum; any other information that you send to us.
We do not normally collect ‘special categories’ of personal data from our donors or users of our Site. In the event that you provide us with any special category data, we will take extra care to ensure your rights are protected.
If you are an active donor or if you otherwise subscribe to our email service, we will contact you periodically with information regarding our projects around the world as well as current appeals and campaigns. If at any time, you prefer not to receive such emails and information from us, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
If you have any queries please contact us on:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Phone: +39 3286630704 (Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 10.00am-5.00pm)
- By Post: House of Cats Ernesto, Via Manzoni 37, Cremona, 26100, Italy.
Similarly to opt out of our text and email mail communications, you may use any of the above means of contacting us.
For more information generally on cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies:
- We may use your personal information to:
- Enable the donation to be processed.
- Enable the payment to be processed.
- Communicate with you and improve our communication efforts.
- Statistically analyse Site usage.
- Improve our content.
- Customise our Site’s content, layout, and services.
We believe these uses allow us to improve our Site and better tailor it to meet our users’ needs.
We do not sell or otherwise transfer your details to any third parties. The only exception to this is when you are using our secure online donation pages (or shopping page) you are going through to a secure payment provider approved by the banking industry.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing, however, we may on occasion work with third parties to contact our donors and supporters about HOUSE OF CATS ERNESTO.
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere in this privacy notice, we may disclose information about you to the extent that we are required to do so by law; in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for purpose of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk). Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
- Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this privacy notice. If you are in the EEA, information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA. In these cases, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place by:
- Entering a binding written agreement with each of our international entities which adopts standard data protection clauses as approved by the European Commission.
- Adopting binding corporate rules in relation to each of our international entities, which govern the protection of your information and your rights.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
- It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your business relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- a) Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
b) Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
c) Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
d) Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
e) Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
f) Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
g) If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com. Please note, there are some specific circumstances where these rights do not apply and we can refuse to deal with your request.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
- We take any complaints we receive about the collection and use of personal information very seriously. We would encourage you to bring it to our attention if you think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. You can make a complaint at any time by contacting us (see contact details section below).
If you think our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate or if you have concerns about the security of your personal information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Data Controller. You can contact the Data Controller at the following address:
House of Cats Ernesto, Via Manzoni 37, Cremona, 26100, Italy
You can e-mail email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
House of Cats Ernesto, Via Manzoni 37, Cremona, 26100, Italy
Tel: +39 3286630704 (Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 10.00am-5.00pm)
- The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
- The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to us. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we maintain about you.
You may update your contact details by getting in touch with us.
In the meantime, if you change your email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to Customer Services, House of Cats Ernesto, Via Manzoni 37, Cremona, 26100, Italy with the details.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share donors and supporters and beneficiaries details with any third parties.
- If you have any concerns about this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data, please contact email@example.com.